Christmas Compilation FAQ's
You can submit any number of songs as long as they meet the mandatory criteria of the project as outlined on the Christmas Compilation Project section of the Gospel Music Industry Hub website. However, only one song will be selected to be on the compilation album.
For the Christmas Compilation Project, the songs must
- be original works of the artist, both lyrically and melodically;
- fit with the overall theme of the compilation project; and
- be no longer than four (4) minutes in duration
For the Christmas compilation project, there is no upfront cost between the artist(s) and GMI Hub. However, there will be a 50-50 sales revenue split between the artist and GMI Hub. Artists will be responsible for paying all costs related to the recording, mixing and initial mastering of their songs.
GMI Hub will be taking on the role of music publisher. This means that GMI Hub will be responsible for promoting the compilation project and the music therein for the purpose of selling that music.
Absolutely! We encourage all artists to promote their music to their growing fanbase on all email and social media and any other way they can.
GMU Hub aims to promote the sale of The Christmas compilation album (and thus your music) through Bandcamp.com which is purely a music selling site with minimal streaming on it’s own site. As a result, there should be no conflict or interruption of you posting your music with other online distributors or streaming sites.
As an artist, it is your responsibility to
- Create the song, whether on your own or in collaboration with other artists, etc
- If in collaboration with other artists, producers, etc, ensure you have a completed “split sheet”, which is a written agreement of percentage of involvement with the creation of your song.
- Register your song with SOCAN, Re:Sound, CONNECT , CMRRA and any other appropriate music licensing organization (e.g. CCLI for church use) in order to ensure royalties are tracked and paid out for any reproduction, streaming, usage or performance of your song
- Ensure your song meets the compilation project’s mandatory requirements
- Read and sign the Gospel Music Industry Hub Release Form and Distribution and Sales Agreement
- Submit the final mastered version of your song along with the unmastered tracks, lyrics, track artwork (if applicable) and signed Gospel Music Industry Hub Release Form and Distribution and Sales Agreement via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If at anytime through this process you have questions or require assistance, reach out to us by sending your query or request to email@example.com. We would be happy to do our best to help you.
GMI Hub will be responsible for
- Accepting and evaluating song submissions
- Responding to queries and requests for assistance
- Promoting/Marketing for presale and sales of the compilation album and its contents via social media, emails
- Monitoring sales from Bandcamp
- Receiving net sales revenues from Bandcamp
- Paying out 50% of net sales revenues to main artist contact
The Peer Mentoring Program is still in development. However, artists are encouraged to join the Gospel Music Industry Hub Group on Facebook in order to share ideas.
No. However, the revenue received from the sales of each song as well as the full compilation album on the GMI Hub Bandcamp site, less all Bandcamp and payment processing fees, will be split 50-50 between the artist/artist group and GMI Hub.